Admissions & Home Assessments
If you live with a serious mental illness or mood disorder, a significant change in your condition can cause a lot of distress. Mental health emergencies like a psychotic break, hallucinations or a suicide attempt are not only upsetting to you and those around you, they are life-threatening. That’s why Haven Behavioral Hospital of Philadelphia offers a FREE in-home assessment to adults in crisis to support patients and families when they need it most.
A trained Clinical Nurse Liaison will visit your home to evaluate your mental health and determine the level of care you need. Based on the severity of symptoms and other factors, we may recommend an inpatient stay at our facility, or we may provide counseling and other resources on an outpatient basis. We’ll customize a plan of care that will alleviate troubling symptoms as quickly as possible and get you back to optimum mental health.
How it works
Anyone can make a referral through our Admissions Department 24/7 at 215-475-3400. Our expert Admissions Team will take down all your information, including medical history, symptoms and other details. We’ll then determine whether you would benefit from a home assessment. If so, we’ll get you scheduled for a visit immediately.
You may be eligible for a home assessment if:
- You have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness
- Your mental health condition has worsened or deteriorated, and you may need hospitalization
- You are experiencing distressing symptoms or behavior and need to be evaluated for a possible mental illness
When you call, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Date of birth
- SSI & insurance information
- A list of all medications you are currently taking or have been prescribed
- Information from recent hospital visits such as labs, etc.
- Medical Power of Attorney or Medical Guardianship information, if applicable